Alec Bradley super-premium cigars provide cigar smokers with a truly unforgettable smoking experience. The Alec Bradley brand emerged in 1998 as a Non-Cuban, featuring Dominican Republic tobacco. Alec Bradley cigars are synonymous with high quality and have become one of the highest-rated Non-Cuban’s on Cigar Aficionado’s Top 25.
Alec Bradley History
Alec Bradley Cigars were established in 1998 by Alan Rubin and affectionately named after his sons Alec and Bradley. Aside from family, Alan Rubin’s passions included golf and smoking premium cigars, which inspired him to sell his successful hardware store to finance his dream of crafting and selling premium cigars to golfers. In 1996, Rubin rolled out Bogey’s Stogies; they were well-received (glossing magazine covers and smoked by celebrities) with an oversaturated cigar market and the cigar boom bursting it posed a problem from the fledgling cigar maker.
To stay alive during the decline of the cigar, Alan Rubin began producing Gourmet Dessert Cigars to keep the lights on from 1998-2002. During this time, Alan Rubin teamed up with Ralph Montero of Montero Cigars. Alan brought the funding while Ralph brought the business expertise, thus enabling them to keep pursuing their passion for cigar making when many other brands were dying out. The first cigar they manufactured together was Occidental Reserve, named after Hendrik Kelner’s (well-known master cigar maker) factory in the Dominican Republic. Some other earlier iconic cigars that Alec Bradley manufactured were the 3-sided Trilogy, Maxx (50 ring gauge stout) and the full-bodied runaway success Temptest.
Alec Bradley Cigar Quality
Alec Bradley cigars are premium-quality cigars that are bold and expressive, so it’s no wonder they are one of the most popular Non-Cubans brands on the market.
Since the Alec Bradley portfolio contains a diverse range of cigars to unite their collection, you can recognize an Alec Bradley by its distinctive red crest and white crown with AB lettering.
Alec Bradley Cigar Sizes
They produce an impressive portfolio of cigars featuring popular vitolas (sizes), such as:
- Petit Corona: Black Market.
- Robusto: Blind Faith, Gatekeeper, American Classic, American Sun Grown, Black Market, Caribbean Cask, Connecticut, Coyol, Magic Toast, MAXX, Medalist, Nica Puro, Prensado, Project 40, Select Corojo, Superstition, Tempus, The Lineage, V2L Black, White Gold and Puck.
- Corona: Gatekeeper, 90+ Rated 2nds, American Classic, MAXX, Prensado, Project 40 and Tempus.
- Torpedo: American Classic, Black Market, Nica Pura, Prensado, Superstition and Tempus.
- Toro: Blind Faith, Gatekeeper, American Classic, American Sun Grown, Black Market, Boy/Girl, Caribbean Cask, Connecticut, Coyol, Magic Toast, MAXX, Post Embargo, Prensado, Project 40, Tempus, The Lineage, V2L Black and White Gold.
- Gordo: Blind Faith, Gatekeeper, American Classic, American Sun Grown, Black Market, Caribbean Cask, Coyol, Magic Toast, MAXX, Medalist, Post Embargo, Prensado, Project 40, Select Corojo, Tempus, Texas Lancero, The Lineage and V2L Black.
- Churchill: American Classic, American Sun Grown, Black Market, Caribbean Cask, Connecticut, Medalist, Prensado, Project 40, Select Corojo, Superstition, Tempus, White Gold and Puck.
- Lancero: 90+ Rated 2nds and Coyol.
- Perfecto: Black Market, Mundial and Tempus.
Alec Bradley Awards
As far as accolades go, Alec Bradley is a household name featuring some boast-worthy achievements, such as:
- Cigar of the Year — 2011 for Prensado Churchill
- Cigar of the Year — 2017 for Tempus Natural Centuria
- Best Brand Honduras — 2014 & 2016 for Black Market
- Best Cigar Honduras — 2016 for Sanctum Robusto
- Best Cigar Honduras — 2017 for 2016 LE Fine & Rare
- Best Brand Honduras — 2018 for Prensado Lost Art