Cigar Chief is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals and recognizes the need of our customers and employees for the appropriate management and protection of any Personal Information that you agree to provide to us.
Our Privacy Management Plan includes guidelines on the collection, storage, use and retention of your Personal Information as follows:
- Collection:The organization collects personal information about individuals (clients, suppliers, employees, etc) in order to better manage it’s business. The organization will make all reasonable efforts to fully inform such individuals about the planned use/disclosure. The organization will limit the collection and use of personal information to that required for valid business purposes or to comply with legislation.We collect the following information regarding all visitors to this site: IP address, information regarding what pages are accessed, items viewed, information volunteered by you (such as e- mail address and billing/shipping address), and length of time spent on the site. This information is collected and logged for statistical purposes. Other than stated above, no attempt is made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect logs, or where our store believes it is required to collect and produce relevant electronic documentation to fulfil its obligations to third parties, including statutory organizations under local law.
- Accuracy: The organization will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information it collects and uses is accurate and complete. Individuals providing personal information will have the opportunity to review and correct their personal information, and on written request by an individual to whom the information relates, the organization will modify the information as required.
- Storage: The organization will store personal information using hard copy and/or electronic means in such a way as to prevent unauthorized collection, access, use, disclosure or disposal of the personal information.
- Retention: The organization will establish a retention period for all personal information collected. This period may be related to legislation other than PIPEDA (Employment Standards for example).
- Disclosure: The organization will not disclose personal information unnecessarily to employees or any third party, unless the effected individual consents.
- Access: The organization promotes individual’s right of access to personal information about themselves. The employer will provide access to information upon request. Access will be provided according to established procedures. Note: access to a record may be subject to the payment of any fee required according to organization policy. In addition to the care that Cigar Chief takes directly, we are also working with all of our partner organizations that may at some point handle personal information gathered by us in the course of their relationship with and service to us. Each third party partner has agreed to meet our standards of privacy, confidentiality and security.
All Employees and third party staff who in any way handle or manage Personal Information have acknowledged and agreed to adhere to our Privacy Code and the procedures that support that code.